[mythtvnz] Python errors in tv_grab_nz-py so mythfilldatabase fails

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Sun Jul 3 23:26:24 BST 2011

> Having pointed back at my own epgsnoop generated data it appears that the
> problem is extended character set usage from 'the other' channels such
> that  U omlaut, pound sign, e acute accent all cause the problem below.

Which version of tv_grab_nz-py are you running? I seem to remember there
being an issue with this on the earlier versions (or was that epgsnoop,
I can't remember). Latest is 0.2.6 as far as I'm aware.

FWIW my epgsnoop+tv_grab_nz-py setup is working just fine. Using
epgsnoop 0.84 and tv_grab_nz-py 0.2.4 (time I upgraded, heh!) so the
system isn't broken for everyone, at least.

Ross