[mythtvnz] Asus Mycinema won't tune in Mythtv

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 07:49:44 GMT 2011

On 21 January 2011 17:49, Joel Wiramu Pauling <joel at aenertia.net> wrote:

> My original post still stands use VLC to interface with card directly
> (in command line mode) - and push it over the network or file then
> check it if you can't decode it on the box.
>
> 2* 1080p streams is more than enough to cram up the IO subsystem
> switching between pci bus, disc io and network on older hardware.
>
> Go look up the duron and chipset arch and do some sums.
>
> It's the same reason you can't run good performance out of older
> ARM/MIPs based NAS devices (cheap ones on the market) they simply
> can't sustain r/w io from the discs or the network from the cpu bus.

So lucky I was only trying to tune into trackside...  :-)

I looked at the vlc documentation and I couldn't find a command line option
to specify input from a dvb card, so unless you know something I don't, I
will put that option on indefinite hold.

In the end, I got vlc to connect to gnutv via rtp and got sufficient
intelligible pictures and sound to convince me I really was tuned to
trackside.

So now, I want to figure out why I can't get mythtv to tune the card...

Brendan