[mythtvnz] Asus Mycinema won't tune in Mythtv

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:43:46 GMT 2011

On 21 January 2011 16:26, <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Joel Wiramu Pauling wrote, On 01/21/2011 04:24 PM:
> > I would have thought that  Duron 800Mhz is going to be woefully
> > inadequate to move the 12Mbit/s streams required for DVB-T from PCI-E
> > to CPU to Disc to Network.
> I doubt a motherboard old enough to run a duron 800 would have PCIe

Quite right.

As I understand it, backend hardware requirements are quite low, as all they
have to do is capture a stream and write it to disk, or read it and send
across the network.  My cpu usage is about 12% when I have gnutv loaded and
supposedly capturing the stream.  So I don't think my hardware is inadequate
as a backend...

However, my original question wasn't about my server hardware.

Brendan