[mythtvnz] Asus Mycinema won't tune in Mythtv

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:17:17 GMT 2011

On 21 January 2011 15:36, Joel Wiramu Pauling <joel at aenertia.net> wrote:

> Use VLC directly to access the card and known frequency.

2 problems here.  The first and most fatal one is that vlc is not on the
backend with the card because the duron 800 processor is not capable of
usefully displaying dvb-t streams.

The second problem is my ignorance.  I tried and failed in the past to
connect to a working volar X tuner on my laptop.  In the end I just booted
into windows and installed the provided windows software and got it working.
 Perhaps that is because I got the frequency wrong.  I know the multiplex
frequencies, but perhaps I needed the channel frequency, which I wasn't sure
how to figure out...

Brendan