[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 fails to tune

Dr. David J. Knowles dknowles at clearfield.com
Tue Jan 11 21:19:25 GMT 2011

On 9/01/2011, at 10:30 AM, Brett wrote:

>> The only modprobe option I have is:
>> options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1
>
> In addition:
>
> options dvb_usb disable_rc_polling=1
>
> AFAIK
> note: file must be named with extension .conf
> all .conf files are parsed..
> can be named
> options.conf
> dvb.conf
>
> Working fine for > 1 year, never used internal IR receiver.
>
> Note: linux-firmware package updated 3 days ago (new date but same
> version dib0700-1.20.fw)

It depends on the type of card. If you have the old version of this card (only one aerial jack on the back of the card) it works much better with the old firmware (1.10) if you have two aerial jacks then the 1.20 firmware should work fine.

If you have an old card then copy in the 1.10 firmware into the directory and make the 1.20 firmware a link to the 1.10 firmware. This should work fine. By the way the old firmware works with the new cards as well (at one point I had both on my machine).

David