[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 fails to tune

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 02:52:35 GMT 2011

I have just put a Nova-T 500 into a working mythbuntu 10.04 setup with an
existing HVR 1200.

I cannot tune the Nova-T 500 although the HVR 1200 seems to be still working
fine even though now pushed out to be /dev/dvb/adapter2.

I have created an /etc/modprobe.d/options.conf file with the following
lines;

options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1
options dvb_usb disable_rc_polling=1

I use w_scan to test tune the card and it detects no signal.  As mentioned
above, w_scan finds the stations on the HVR 1200 still.

I have done a bit of googling and searched the archives of this list (where
I found the link to create the conf file), but am now stuck.

Are there any not officially documented tricks that anyone has used to get
this card going?

TIA.

Brendan