[mythtvnz] Split server setup.....

chris chris at thebayleys.net
Sun Jan 2 03:09:45 GMT 2011

On 02/01/11 15:55, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 2:52 PM, chris<chris at thebayleys.net>  wrote:

>>> Hi Chris, not sure what you are asking here?
>>>
>>> You tell the frontend where the database is, the database knows where
>>> the backends are. in mythtv-setup|general you tell the backend where
>> Ahh cool, that makes sense...
>> Will follow that to it's logical  conclusion.
>>
>>> Where are you living these days, don't mind spending a bit of time
>>> helping if you aren't out in the sticks.
>> Sticks! (Halswell/Taitapu...) be good to have you both round some day
>> this summer though....
>>> Just tell it to record from the frontend, go to manage recordings and
>>> follow your nose.

>>> certainly not
>>>
>>> what distro are you using?
>> Mythbuntu frontend, Kubuntu backend,
>>> The only oddish thing is that you have your mysql server on a
>>> different machine than the master backend, but that shouldn't be a
>>> problem.
>> I was hoping not
>> Just Finally got that first pictures through DVB-S after flirting with
>> firmware and cable troubles.... yeah baby !
> ahh yes it pays to make sure thats all correct before blaming the system!
>
> have you got mythbuntu-control-centre installed? it's a very good tool
> for *buntu myth systems.

Yeah it's very helpful.

couple of niggles at the moment though:

* every time front end starts up it asks for a language preference...
* I'd like that when I hit 'back' on the remote from the home screen it
doesn't offer to quit....
* mythtv-setup when it starts it asks for a country and language
preference. If I set them and save it offers a mythfilldatabase and
exits, but if I cancel the country setup then I get the full setup
interface....
* myth scanning is not picking up channels yet although 'scan -c' does
if dvbtune is running. dvbstream works ok.

...just have to keep grinding them down.

cheers,
Chris