[mythtvnz] AVerMedia AVerTV Volar HD Pro DVB-T USB2.0 TV Tuner

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Feb 14 09:47:59 GMT 2011

> On 14 February 2011 11:12, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Joel Wiramu Pauling
>> <joel at aenertia.net>wrote:
>>
>>> Volar-HD is unsupported afatech 9035 chipset, - never will be
>>> supported - most of the cheap new stuff are these and will not work.
>>>
>>> There are some Volar-X (Blue) parts that are the older and well
>>> supported afatech 9015 chips which work well (part number is a803 from
>>> memory).
>>>

> I have one of these working;
>
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 07ca:a815 AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.
>
> The box says it is a Volar-X.  I may have had to download this firmware
> manually; dvb-usb-af9015.fw

There are a few 9015 based devices that work fine - this was the cheapest
I could find in Christchurch about a year ago. I don't think the one Nick
is looking is the same beastie...

usb 2-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
dvb-usb: found a 'Genius TVGo DVB-T03' in cold state, will try to load a
firmware
usb 2-3: firmware: requesting dvb-usb-af9015.fw
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-af9015.fw'
dvb-usb: found a 'Genius TVGo DVB-T03' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Genius TVGo DVB-T03)
af9013: firmware version:4.95.0
DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (Afatech AF9013 DVB-T)...
tda18271 6-00c0: creating new instance
TDA18271HD/C2 detected @ 6-00c0
dvb-usb: Genius TVGo DVB-T03 successfully initialized and connected.
tda18271: performing RF tracking filter calibration
tda18271: RF tracking filter calibration complete

--
Robin Gilks