[mythtvnz] AVerMedia AVerTV Volar HD Pro DVB-T USB2.0 TV Tuner

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun Feb 13 21:39:11 GMT 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 10:26 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> Does anyone know if this will work out of the box with linux
> (specifically mythbuntu)
>
> http://www.globalpc.co.nz/Computers/Add-On-Cards/Tv-Tuner-Fm-Capture-Devices/Product-Specification-TV03109.aspx
>
> I was in Global PC yesterday (OK so I was supposed to be in Bunnings)
> and they had a stack of these. They are only $79 which isn't bad.

Hard to tell. According to here;

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices

A couple of the Volar devices are supported and several aren't so it's a
bit hit and miss, need to take a laptop and try it out.

I found some good cheap Technotrend USB DVB-T units the other day and
should have some soon to plug in and test.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier