[mythtvnz] heads up - Listings - C4/Four transition

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Feb 11 14:17:33 GMT 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:46:36 +1300, you wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
>>> That's what I've read too.

>>> The official listings to C42 were only ever "C42 Alternative Music
>>> Television" so not a lot of point to them

>>> I'm guessing sometime before Sunday the XMLTVIDs will be switched around
>>> to four.freeviewnz.tv and c4.freeviewnz.tv so your mythtv database will
>>> need to be updated.
>
>I have the xmltvid for Four(Channel 4) set to four.freeview.nz and
>C4(9) to c4.freeviewnz.tv.
>
>However the C4 listings are identical to the Four listings and stuff
>that was supposed to be recorded on Four records on C4, and ends up as
>music videos instead of, say, Family Guy.
>
>Anyone got any ideas what I have done wrong?

I changed around my XMLTVIDs, but I still had old data in the Four and
C4 listings.  I found that the only way I could get mythfilldatabase
to update listings it already had in the database from previous runs
was to manually get a copy of the EPG .xml file and then manually run
mythfilldatabase (from the MythTV user) using the --file <sourceid>
<xmlfile> option.

I did this a couple of days ago and it has worked fine since then, but
could not let anyone know until today as my SMTP server box
motherboard died and I have only just got it going again.