[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 fails to tune

Brendan Dacre bjdacre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 21:25:55 GMT 2011

This is a somewhat academic update.

After more or less giving up on this card, I put it in an old Debian (Lenny)
machine and loaded dvb-utils.  To my surprise, it just worked, no tweaking.
 OK, when I say it worked, I could reliably tune and view one of the tuners.
 With no module options, it was the first tuner.  With module options, it
was the second, but never both.

Anyway, I at least verified the card "works"...

> >> That seems to be a common conclusion when discussing this card (either
> version)
> >
> > Agreed. I have since sold my 2x cards, but they worked fine as long as I
> had tons of signal strength. They are no good if you have a weak signal or
> bad infrastructure.

So I am assuming my signal conditions are such that it won't work
satisfactorily in my location.  And given the above comments, I think I'll
hang out for an HVR2200 as I have a reliably working HVR1200.

Thanks to all who replied.

Brendan