[mythtvnz] Getting Videos to work

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 02:09:59 GMT 2011

On 11/12/11 14:54, tim Lockyer wrote:
> Worik
>
> You do not need NFS if you use storage groups. In Front End go to
> Setup > Video Settings > General Settings >Directories that hold
> videos: - make sure they are the same as in 6 in the Back end.

There is no Setup > Video Settings > General Settings

Have a Utilities/Setup->Setup->General

In that I have:

2-Pages of database configuration
Settings Access
Audio System
Audio Mixer
General
Media Monitor
Program Exit
Remote Control

So no place to set groups, directories....

cheers
Worik

> Tim
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Worik Stanton
> <worik.stanton at gmail.com <mailto:worik.stanton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/12/11 14:42, criggie wrote:
>     > Well I have my recordings on the mythbox, but my videos sit on
>     another
>     > box and are served up via NFS.
>     >
>     > So any frontend machine has to mount  bruce:/shared/television  as
>     > /shared/television to access the videos.
>     >
>     I am not sure what you mean.  I have my videos on the same machine as
>     the backend.  Why should I have to muck around with NFS?  Do I really
>     have to do stuff outside MythTV?
>
>     cheers
>     Worik

I am immensely proud of the young people who are driving the Occupy movement.  Outrage at the dominant paradigm is the appropriate response when one understands what has happened.
God Bless the Occupation