[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py: Help needed

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Sun Dec 11 02:06:33 GMT 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11/12/11 13:25, Nick Rout wrote:
> >
> But, I forgot to add, I still have no listings and the status is still...
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2011-12-11 13:48 and ended on
> 2011-12-11 13:48. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512.
> There's guide data until 2011-12-18 19:00 (7 days).
>
> cheers
> Worik

Error 512 can be an indication of incorrect permissions. Check that the
file you have copied into ~/.mythtv/ is owned by root. Also, there usually
needs to be a copy of the file in both places because the backend runs as
user 'mythtv' but if you run mythfilldatabase  as a regular user, xmltv
will look in your home directory.

I've attached the instructions I keep for myself. You have probably seen
most of them before somewhere on this list.

- David