[mythtvnz] New card, new LNB

Nick Wallingford nickw at beekeeping.co.nz
Sat Dec 10 22:35:40 GMT 2011

On 11/12/11 09:27, Noel & Diane wrote:
> [...]

Thank you for that, Noel!

I'll get the ladder back up again this afternoon and have a go.  I do
have a meter - el cheapo DSE - and did the best I could initially in
alignment (knowing that I might well have bumped the dish, etc in LNB
install) and also trying to sort out the skew.  Mine is of the 'it gets
louder when the signal is stronger' type...

I was told the old "connectors coming out at about 8 o'clock as you look
toward the dish" but noted an increase in signal when it was more up
like 10 o'clock - that didn't seem right to me, so I've left it down
closer to where the original LNB was skewed.

I get something like 86% signal strength when scanning using the new
card and LNB, but no lock - that level of signal was giving me
confidence it *was* all aligned correctly.

But as I say, you msg has given me renewed enthusiasm to do that up and
down off the roof dance again...

Nick
Tauranga