[mythtvnz] New card, new LNB

Nick Wallingford nickw at beekeeping.co.nz
Thu Dec 8 19:45:07 GMT 2011

I recently added a TeVii S464 DVB-S2 card to my system's backend, and
replaced the original 'plain' LNB with a "Dual Twin Output KU" LNB.

Though I *did* have it all functioning for a time (which gives me
confidence it can work) it was not consistent, and I'm re-configuring it
all from the start again (for experience and hopefully better outcomes!)

The S464 doesn't seem to get as good a signal as the existing S420s, but
I think it is functioning OK.

My question relates to setting up the LNB in MythTV, using the LNB
Configuration Setup in mythtv-setup.

The LNB came with instructions including:
LNB Type - "Standard" if there is an lnb type
LNB LO (Low or 1) - 10750
LNB LO (High or 2) - 10750 or blank
22mhz - off
LNB Power - On

Am I right that in MythTV I effectively treat the LNB as if there were
two of them?  That is, for the output that goes to existing S420 card,
it is set up with Custom, Standard (Voltage) and set the LNB LOF (Low)
to 10750, and then do pretty much the same for the connection to the
S464?  (When choosing the LNB type Standard (Voltage) the LNB LOF High
setting is greyed out).

Nick Wallingford
Tauranga