[mythtvnz] Which DVB-T tuner should I get

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 31 00:50:19 BST 2011

On 30/08/11 22:11, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 20:48 +1200, Aaron wrote:
>> I'm a big fan of the HVR2200, I've been using it for FreeviewHD for
>> ages without issues.
>
> Now that I've got a few recordings made, I'm noticing some errors in the
> recordings from the HVR-2200 causing artifacts/pixelation on playback.
>
> Not sure what's causing them yet, need to do some investigation with a
> different tuner to see what the story is.

In the past I had recording errors with my HVR-2200 also. The solution
was changing the antenna to get a strong and noise-free signal on all
channels. As I said in an earlier post I believe the HVR-2200 tuner is
not that flash when fed a weak and/or noisy signal.

If you have a TV with built-in tuner check signal with it. I needed 80+%
power and SNR measured by the TV to get good recordings. I found
measuring signal/errors from the HVR-2200 with software (forget which)
problematic.

David