[mythtvnz] MCEUSB IR Blaster problem after upgrade to Mythbuntu 11.04 and Kernel

tim Lockyer drtimlockyer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:23:45 BST 2011

Thank you for your very helpful response. I first installed 10.10 and the
MCEUSB did not work. I then installed 10.04 and it worked perfectly and I
was back where I was a week ago. It was really helpful to know about the
Mythbuntu-repos I had not realised that you could update Mythtv without
updating Mythbuntu. After updating mythtv to .24 I was able to load my
database. This whole exercise has probably used about 30 or 40 hours – it is
a great shame that Mythbuntu should make such a major change to the kernel
so that it has such an impact on users. If I knew how to contact them I
would email them to tell them the problem they have caused (probably they
would not be interested). Well the time is not all lost, I now know a lot
more about Mythbuntu than I knew before

I did want to thank whoever wrote epgsnoop it is so good. I would be happy
to make a donation if there was a way to do it.

Tim