[mythtvnz] Commercial Flagging

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 04:25:47 BST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Bruce Wilson <acaferacer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for all the observations about commflag. I had set it to notify, just
> to see how well it worked, without it doing any harm. I agree that logo
> detection looks like a good method for NZ. I might have a look at the code
> if I find the time.

it never does any "harm" anyway as it doesn't actually cut anything,
just puts markers in the database. The original stream is intact.

There has been talk on the mythtvusers list in the last 6 months (?)
about improved messages for UK transmissions which seem to have
similar problems, I think audio was part of the detection method. Try
searching the archives at gossamer threads (same site as our archives,
see your footer).