[mythtvnz] BIOS boot screen (was Re: HD Video jerky...)

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 16 01:21:18 BST 2011

On 16/08/2011 11:58 a.m., Jason Taylor wrote:

> On 15 August 2011 19:52, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz

>     I upgraded a 10.04 mythbuntu on a CF connected via VGA to a 40C6200
>     Samsung that was working fine to 10.10 on a SSD which suddenly needed
>     overscan adjustment however as it was running 1080i overscan adjustment
>     was not available.  I could not find a xorg.conf that fixed it.  Maybe
>     someone can suggest? If I wasn't able to vnc in to get the full 1080i
>     (on a 1920x1200 screen) I'd have asked earlier.  To be clear nothing
>     else was changed hardware wise.
>

> Well I just used the nvidia-settings panel overscan slider

It doesn't show when running 1080i over VGA. Previous tests showed that
it reappeared when running lower resolutions such as 720p. (Thanks
NVIDIA.)  For the record on this box I am running NVIDIA 260.19.06 on a
PCI 9400GT with 512M RAM (P3000 on an ASUS motherboard)

If it works for you what

resolution are you driving,
with what card,
which driver