[mythtvnz] HD Video jerky...

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Mon Aug 15 03:59:31 BST 2011

Hadley Rich wrote, On 08/15/2011 02:13 PM:
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 14:06 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
>> The VGA input might just not be very good on that TV. On my ancient, low-end plasma the VGA input is terrible, the main problem being ghosting. The DVI input looks great. OTOH on my desktop monitors I cannot see a difference between the VGA and DVI inputs.
> That's a good point. On the panels I've used there's no difference to me between VGA and DVI/HDMI
Mine's two years old, a 720 sony screen.

There's a significant difference between VGA and HDMI, in that the VGA
is softer looking and the colours are more washed out.

Also the resolutions supported are different... HDMI only shows up in
1280x720 but the VGA input is more forgiving and allowed 1280x720 up to
about 1372x720.

However I get no bios output at all... nothing until the machine's
booted and starts X.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/