[mythtvnz] HD Video jerky...

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Sat Aug 13 02:27:29 BST 2011

On 13/08/11 13:16, Worik Stanton wrote:
> PS:  FWIW here is the output for one half of /proc/cpuinfo (this is
> times two for a dual core cpu). It is a Dell.
>
> model name    : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
> physical id    : 0

> flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
> constant_tsc pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm

its a 64 bit capable CPU, but is it dual core?  No.  Its hyperthreading.

do    cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "physical id"
I expect you'll see
physical id    : 0
physical id    : 0

which means its only HT.

 > Is there a better video card I can get that will decode the video in
 > hardware?

What video card do you have?  My understanding is you need a nvidia GTX
with 1GB ram to run vdpau.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/