[mythtvnz] Method to simultaneously send audio via HDMI and optical outputs

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 23:58:32 BST 2011

has anyone set up a Zotac Ion box so that the MythTV audio is simultaneously
output from both HDMI and optical?

I currently have a setup where my audio and video connect to the TV via HDMI,
works wonderfully.

However, when I want to use the Home Theatre amp, I have to go into the Mythtv
audio settings and change the setup so that the audio comes out the optical
connection.

I know that I could just put the HDMI through the Home Theatre amp and then to
the TV but I don;t want to turn on the home theater amp just to watch the news.

On my Blue ray player this setup works perfectly, HDMI to TV and optical to Amp,
with audio output on both simultaneously, it would be great to have a setup on
the Zotac that did the same.

My operating system is MythBuntu 10.10.

Cheers