[mythtvnz] Lirc & MCE Remote

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Apr 28 06:36:29 BST 2011

>> I presume it is not a learning remote, unlike the original Microsoft
>> one?  (Which I think would be useful - e.g. for controlling Separate Amp
>> Power and Volume)
>
> yes that can be useful, before mine got squashed it was programmed so
> the power button did the TV and the volume button did the external
> amplifier. I suppose you could acheive the same with an IR blaster to
> the amp and TV.

Thats what I do - map the keys to mythtv as usual so I get a visualisation
on the screen even though it does nothing and irexec also gets the
keypress and calls a script with volup/voldown/mute codes. The script then
calls irsend to waggle the IR blaster.

Same approach with the power button but in that case the script remembers
which way its being toggled to blank the screen to invoke power save on
the TV and switch the amp on/off.

--
Robin Gilks