[mythtvnz] Satellite dish suppliers?

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Sun Apr 24 21:34:10 BST 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 11:02 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Commercially I'd recommend freeviewshop.co.nz as Lars always provides
> excellent advice and customer service.

Cool.  I'll have a snuffle on TradeMe (wow, lots!), but also look at
freeviewshop.co.nz, they seem to be reasonably priced.

> If you can go large (approx 1m) you can get BBC World off Intelsat 5 even
> though it is C-Band. I need to try and get my Toroidal adjusted so I can
> pick it up.

The dish will be attached to a landscaping fence about 4.5m from the
house and below it, so I can go reasonably large. :)

Hmmm, freeviewshop.co.nz only go up to 1m.

> Also consider DVB-S2 cards as you might get some more OZ services.

Heh, more expense.  :)  I'm probably going to put two LNBs on anyhow for
Optus D1 & D2 in anycase, so I'll want another card for the server...

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand