[mythtvnz] Acer RevoView RL100 for Mythfrontend?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 02:13:57 BST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:00:19 +1300, you wrote:
>
>>Acer Aspire RevoView RL100 PC, AMD Athlon II Neo K325B
>>
>>Anyone seen or played with one of these?
>>
>>http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=395271
>>
>>Got an interesting wireless keyboard pad thing with it, HDMI out, spdif
>>out, etc.
>>
>>Should be under a grand+GST at retailers.

There is a review in a mag I bought in an idle moment a couple of
weeks ago- PC & Tech Authority (April 2011).

Only output is hdmi and it has spdif out. Has ion2 chipset, so should
run linux, but you'd want to be sure.

Were you thinking of running the built in software, which has dlna, or
installing linux and a real frontend? Come to think of it you could
use the built in software and run a windows frontend.

Damn expensive though compared to a revo or similar.