[mythtvnz] New silent Nvidia card / USB DVB-S tuner

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Sep 16 10:38:28 BST 2010

> > You could make up custom heatsink to fit your PC case.
> > Could use a VGA boiler tube arrangement with almost no airflow if you
> > have the luxury of room or to move the heatsink away from the videocard.
>
> Brett
> I guess you mean something like this:  http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/atakepipevga/index.php
>
> Did you have any other links?  NZ sources?

I just used this as it was in stock local..
PROLIMATECH MK-13 VGA COOLER
It does not fit on the GT240 due to some SMD & thru hole components. I
tried to move the thru' hole parts to the solder side but the home
soldering iron couldn't.
Then made a square Al 3mm spacer to shim the heatsink block & clear the
parts.

I think these boiler tubes could be bent to place the radiator in a
different orientation.