[mythtvnz] New silent Nvidia card / USB DVB-S tuner

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Sep 10 06:11:08 BST 2010

Before the GST goes up next month, I thought it was about time to
upgrade the video card in my MythTV box.  It currently has an Nvidia
8400GS silent card, which is OK but does not do the best deinterlace
modes.  I have found this:

  http://www.pp.co.nz/products.php?pp_id=AA22908

which is a silent GT220 card.  So, is a GT220 all that is needed for
the highest interlace modes in MythTV?  Does anyone have any other
suggestions?

And since the silent GT220 cards all need two slots, it looks like I
will need to get a USB DVB-S (or preferably DVB-S2) tuner.  So far I
have not found any in NZ that are supported - the old Hauppauge DVB-S
one seems to have gone out of production.  Any suggestions?