[mythtvnz] having trouble setting up tv_grab_nz-py

James Styles jimmyoo0 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 23:00:49 BST 2010

On 28/10/10 23:15, Jean-Francois Pirus wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 18:08 +1300, James Styles wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am having a bit of trouble setting up tv_grab_nz-py, when i try to run
>> it i am getting this;
>>
>> server at server:~$ sudo tv_grab_nz-py
>> INFO - Downloading data from nzepg.org...
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>     File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 561, in create_connection
>>       raise error, msg
>> socket.error: [Errno 110] Connection timed out
>> I know that the file its trying to get from nzepg is ok coz i can
>> manually download it what am i doing wrong?
> When you say you can manually download it, is it from the myth box or
> another PC?
>
> Can you try wget http://nzepg.org/WHATEVER_THE_REST_IS from your myth
> box?
> or traceroute nzepg.org
>
> If that fails you default route is probably wrong on the myth box.

Ok ive made some progress, i think its an ipv6 problem its very similar
to a problem i had in firefox on another machine i had to disable ipv6
to get it to load pages.
So on my mythbox when i ping http://nzepg.org  it must open a temporary
connection or remember the routing for a set time or something like that
because tv_grab_nz-py works for a few minutes then stops working until
you ping it again.
So i thought is ipv6 is causing the problem then i will just disabled it
like i did in firefox so i disableded ipv6 settings in ubuntu and restarted.
Now tv_grab_nz-py wont work at all, so now i need to set up a ipv6
tunnel or something like that then i hope it might work, unless someone
else can think of a better solution.

Thanks for your help so far.

James Styles