[mythtvnz] Pointers on how to track down machine lockup

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Wed Oct 13 08:55:42 BST 2010

On 13/10/2010, at 6:31 PM, Douglas Pearless wrote:

> This sounds very familiar, I had the same issue and it turned out to be a recent kernel bug with lirc/usb (listed  herehttps://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/642517).
>
> Does this look like your problem?
>
> Can you regress back to an earlier kernel?
>
> Cheers
>
> Douglas.

Hmm.  I'm not getting any Oops or Aieee type messages in any of my logs, just a hard lockup.  But I am using lirc with a MS MCE USB receiver and remote so it may be related.

I'm on kernel

Linux mythtv 2.6.32-25-server #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17 21:13:39 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

the earliest on the machine is 2.6.32-24-server. The install CD appears to have 2.6.32-24 on it as well, so no way to go earlier with out fully blitzing it and going to Ubuntu 9.10 or earlier.

Do you think it's due to having LIRC installed, or LIRC installed and the receiver connected? Bugger, I just worked through that in my head and realised I can't get by with out LIRC or the receiver since I'm using it as the IR blaster for the Sky box/PVR-350.

 - Wade