[mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 6 19:24:26 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Hodge
  To: MythTV in NZ
  Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 12:13 AM
  Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

  >The CPU is actually off when powered off, right? It'd have to be motherboard and/or power supply, I think.

  From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

    "+5 VSB or "+5 V standby" supplies power even when the rest of the supply lines are off. This can be used to power the circuitry
that controls the Power On signal."

    This would include any other background power on devices such as USB mouse, keyboard, WOL NIC (incl a PCI or PCI-1 NIC ie the
bus) etc.  Still seems a lot.  I wonder what an ION is drawing when doing 1080i?  (It must be >30W as per the report that the
trademe board worked)