[mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Oct 1 22:51:10 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hadley Rich" <hads at nice.net.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 10:03 +1300, Tortise wrote:
>> Anyone considered anything like this?
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Other-electronics/Adaptors-chargers/auction-320821998.htm

Interesting idea.  It is limited to strictly "500W" sensed (Peak or average?) and does not say what the sense current threshold is,
or whether it can be varied.  Seems designed to switch using PC's though, however high end graphics / hi power boxes might blow it
up or something!  Might be great for the ion series FE's.   I suppose a PC with a 450W power supply should be OK.
http://www.ji.com.au/products/PT9778/