[mythtvnz] Slightly OT - DVD watching

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 04:23:52 GMT 2010

Hi,

I used to use MythTV for watching all DVDs, until I encountered some
that a linux box couldn't handle - Disney's Alice in Wonderland was
first, some other followed. WAF plummeted to levels unseen before. To
rescue the situation I bought a standalone player (Samsung BD-C5500)
and connected it over HDMI cable to the TV. And the big disappointment
came - for some reason DVDs that look absolutely fine (and movie-like)
when played with MythTV look like live tv shows (or actual theatre)
when played using the standalone player. I have no idea what might be
causing it or how to fix it. I tried various settings, nothing seem to
be able to fix the look. Any ideas welcome.

kind regards
Pshem