[mythtvnz] New Hard Drive not performing well

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Nov 17 19:53:29 GMT 2010

On 18/11/2010, at 8:01 AM, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Richard (lists account)
> <rich_lists at richms.com> wrote:
>> You bought WD green drives. Nuff said there really. They are the pits.
>

> stop top posting.
>
> And you are wrong, many many people on the mythtvusers mailing list
> have reported the green drives as just great for mythtv.

I've used plenty of the WD Green drives and I don't see any performance issues when using them as storage.

Be careful doing Raid with them, just look up TLER in google, but otherwise they are excellent value.

Mind due I don't enable sleep on my drives so I'm no getting your start up issues. Do you have the drive set to auto sleep after a short period?

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz