[mythtvnz] Delete Recordings

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Nov 1 11:53:17 GMT 2010

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:05:16 +1300, you wrote:

>On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 20:58 +1300, Julius Spencer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded mythtv lately and noticed that delete recording has gone - just wondering if this is no longer needed? I'm used to deleting recordings after watching them.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Julius.
>Always seemed a bit pointless...a relic of something prior.
>Don't think I have ever used the "delete recordings" screen, have always
>used OSD menu <m> and selected delete item..

I am using 0.23-fixes and it is still there.  Are you using a 0.24
beta?  I occasionally find it useful as it is sorted in reverse order,
and prominently displays the file sizes.

In any case, what I do for day-to-day deleting is pick a key that is
not normally used on my remote (Clear) and assign the D command to it.
That gives me one-key direct access to deleting.