[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon May 24 12:15:27 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 21:04 +1200, Ross Williamson wrote:
> I would certainly assist in categorising shows if this was to become a
> reality. Given this recent issue I do agree that the crowd-sourced
> data would be more reliable. Even at the best of times the categories
> can be a bit off as they stand.

So nzepg.org has the ability to categorise programs;

http://nzepg.org/program/15565/

You choose a show type, and then one or more categories from the list.

This data then shows up in the JSON feed which xmltv-proc-nz and
epgsnoop use for adding category data to the listings.

There's also a link to 20 random uncategorised shows in case people are
looking for something to do;

http://nzepg.org/programs/uncategorised/

You can also search for your favourite show with the box on the top
right to check that it is categorised.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier