[mythtvnz] Mythbackend breaks after upgrade

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Mon May 24 02:19:05 BST 2010

> sorry that's not even quite right, as backend doesn't start as root,
> but as user mythtv.
>
> avoiding the upstart script seemed to be a remedy i remember seeing somewhere...

Seems that upstart is the common link between the versions of JYA's
mythtv that I had installed and the problems with them starting at boot
time.
Is this a widespread problem or I am just unlucky?  I haven't done any
tinkering, just simply installed the packages and hit problems...

What version of mythtv (for Freeview HD) are people on this list
running?  JYA or the version of mythtv supplied with UBuntu?  Which one
am I better off with?

--
Graeme Woollett
ph 04 931 0193