[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun May 23 07:38:18 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 18:13 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
> That does clean a lot of things up, but  lot of shows now don't have
> category information.
>
> Is there a trigger in the EIT data that is being represented as a
> movie?

Yeah, if you look at the CategoryList processor in processors.py you
will see a hard coded list of translations. This was based on
SillyPayTV's EIT data so could be incorrect for Freeview's

You could just edit it to remove the movie entry to stop it if you want
to continue using that processor.

I think that a crowd sourced feed of data is a better idea. I should
create a website where people can go and categorise programs in one
click, then if everyone took a minute to categorise 5 shows we'd be done
and have our own source of fully categorised EPG.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier