[mythtvnz] Programmes in series being identified as movies

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Sat May 22 10:29:48 BST 2010

Hi all

We've had an issue for a number of weeks now with a few (and only a few)
programmes that we have regularly scheduled to record being identified
as movies. Of course they all had to be for the better half resulting in
record low WAF presently.

These programmes are not movies (and never have been movies) but as a
result MythTV sees the previously recorded programme in the series and
does not record new episodes unless manually forced each time.

The programmes in question do have differing descriptions every week,
and previously worked correctly without any settings changed as far as I
can remember (I could be wrong however.) I can't imagine what movies
these are being identified as, because there's nothing really close when
doing a TMDB lookup from their site.

Setup is epgsnoop with TMDB on, followed by xmltv-proc-nz.

epgsnoop.conf:
[general]
processors:
StripHtml,CategoryList,MovieTitle,MovieDesc,Subtitle,SkyRatings,Widescreen,Year,Credits,CategoryDb,SearchReplaceTitle,HD

[CategoryDb]
database: ~/.epgsnoop/epgsnoop.sqlite

[XMLTV]
show_icons: true
icon_url_base: http://[redacted]/epg/icons/

[SearchReplaceTitle]
url: http://nzepg.org/title-replacements/+json

Examples of programmes that are misidentified as movies:
Brothers And Sisters 2130-2230 Mondays on TV2
Private Practice 2130-2230 Tuesdays on TV2
Lost: The Final Season 2230-2330 Tuesdays and 2130-2230 Wednesdays on TV2

There are many more programmes that are not misidentified as movies and
work correctly. The above programmes all used to work but stopped
working mid-April. There's probably some more too.

My question: is there any way to stop this happening? I do like having
the TMDB lookups as this does add valuable information to actual movies.
It also seems strange that it used to work as I would have expected.

Is it something (or likely to be something) in my setup or are others
experiencing the same? If it had been just me recording the programmes
I'd have never noticed as none of mine exhibit this behaviour. I had
hoped the issue would only appear for a short time but I think given it
has been going on for a month now it is likely to stay until fixed.

Thanks

Ross