[mythtvnz] Bluetooth keyboards

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Sat May 22 04:14:25 BST 2010

On 22/05/10 11:58, Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote:
> What OS are you using?  I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and have been enjoying my
> bluetooth keyboard and mouse for quite a few months now after sorting
> out the initial problems similar to yours.  My BT dongle has a button on
> it which helps pair the devices under Windows (can't remember whether it
> helps much in Linux).  Initially on boot it would not put the dongle
> into BT mode and it wouldn't function and Ubuntu didn't bring up the BT
> taskbar icon.  Reinserting the dongle while pressing the button seemed
> to fix it for a short time (ie until rebooting).  I found a post on the
> internet saying to alter a setting in one of the configs relating to BT
> and it now puts the device into BT mode on boot and the BT manager in
> Ubuntu can configure the pairing of the devices.

I'm running Debian stable on the frontend.  I don't have a window
manager or any X apps running... I've been trying to make them work
using command line apps.

/usr/bin/hidd --master --connect 20:42:A1:00:C4:76

works if I have already pressed the "connect" button on the keyboard,
but that's the only way to make it happen.

hidd is deprecated too.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/