[mythtvnz] Problem running xmltv-proc-nz from user crontab

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed May 19 12:08:11 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 16:21 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
> From the code it seems that it's working as the author intended so I'm
> not sure it should be "fixed". I'd guess that it was written that way
> to correctly handle being called from MythTV directly (or something
> similar).

Correct, that is the way it was intended. Well, it was intended to offer
the ability to process data two ways;

cat file.xml | xmltv-proc-nz
xmltv-proc-nz file.xml

It seems that I didn't consider cron when writing the test. As I always
pipe the data into it myself it's not something I noticed.

So, just pipe the data to xmltv-proc-nz instead. Perhaps I will
deprecate the other style.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier