[mythtvnz] Mythbackend and Apache2 fail to start at boot

Graeme Woollett graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Sun May 16 06:07:14 BST 2010

Since building a Lucid Myth machine, (when Lucid was still in Beta) I
have had a problem with mythbackend and apache2 not starting at boot
time.  mythtv-backend is sym linked to 'upstart-job'.  It starts fine
when '/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart' is called.

I like to turn my machine off during the night and every so often in the
morning I forget to manually restart the backend, recordings are missed
resulting in low WAF.

Does anyone know know to fix this?

Thanks
Graeme