[mythtvnz] Anyone have DVB-T working on an HVR3000

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri May 14 08:01:08 BST 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010 21:22:00 +1200, you wrote:

>OK, the plot thickens. Kaffine locks and downloads the DVB-T channel
>info but no joy with mythtv.
>ideas?

Trying to get my TeVii S470 DVB-S2 card working, I have run across a
similar problem.  If I install the new V4L version from the TeVii web
site that contains the S470 drivers, I find that Kaffeine will run the
DVB-T tuners (Nova TD-500 and AverMedia DVB-T Volar, both using the
same DibCom ship) but MythTV will not.  This is with Mythbuntu 9.10
(MythTV 0.22).  As best I can guess, the new V4L drivers have V4L API
5.1, but MythTV 0.22 requires an earlier version.  I have still to try
with Mythbuntu 10.4 (MythTV 0.23) - it might be compatible with the
newer V4L.

Does anyone know a simple way to query the V4L version on a running
kernel?  And find out what version is required for whichever MythTV
version?