[mythtvnz] Anyone have DVB-T working on an HVR3000

Mark Kendall markk at kc.net.nz
Fri May 14 00:29:08 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 09:45 +1200, Graeme Woollett wrote:

> On 13/05/10 07:50, Mark wrote:
> > I've recently re-added one to my system and it appears to be working ok
> > in Ubuntu 10.04. In Ubuntu versions prior to 10.04 getting it to work
> > consistently was a real pain and I gave up and bought the Nova-td-500.
> >

> I'm presently using 10.04 (2.6.32-22) with JYA packages.  Are you using
> the HVR3000 in DVB-T mode?  If so it's rather odd.
>
> I may have to try the downloading the v4l source.
>
> Completely OT - How many people here have r8169 gigabit ethernet chips
> (on the m/b) in their machines?
> I have them in all my machines and they miserably fail under high load
> (i.e. gigabit speeds).
>
> The link between the HVR300 and the Realtek chip is that they have both
> been around for ever and the kernel drivers for them are still broken!
>  >:o >:o
>
> I can download and install the Realtek driver which seems to work fine.
> Only I have to recompile and reinstall it when Ubuntu update the kernel.
>
> Has anyone been successful in locking the kernel version so that Ubuntu
> doesn't insist on changing it when installing other updates??
>
> Thanks for putting up with the rant, I feel better now. :-)

I only use DVB-T and I'm using mythtv's autobuild updates for 0.23.  It
is possible that I could have some problems with it that haven't been
noticed yet since it's mainly using the Nova-td (I have recorded off all
multiplexes at once though)

If you delete/re-add the card in mythsetup, only setting up DVB-T and
without rebooting does it make any difference?  Any other tv cards
present?

Mark