[mythtvnz] Realtek NICs

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Thu May 13 03:13:13 BST 2010

Graeme Woollett wrote, On 05/13/2010 09:45 AM:
> Completely OT - How many people here have r8169 gigabit ethernet chips
> (on the m/b) in their machines? I have them in all my machines and they miserably fail under high load
> (i.e. gigabit speeds).

Yes - they're cheap, which is why they're using in low-end
motherboards.  But you get what you pay for.

A low end Intel PCIe NIC costs as much as the whole motherboard, and
more if you want "server NIC" or multiple ports.

1067634   Intel Gigabit CT DT PCIe NIC is RRP $90++

1009027   Intel PRO/1000 GT plain old PCI has an RRP of $88++

Doubtless nicegear stocks these.