[mythtvnz] Anyone have DVB-T working on an HVR3000

Walter Somerville walter at aaatos.net
Wed May 12 13:02:57 BST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Graeme Woollett
<graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> I've spent an unsuccessful evening trying to get one I have going.  I
> have frontend1 selected (DVB-T)
> I have an HVR2200 and that works fine.  When scanning for channels I do
> the full TV scan with NZ selected.  But get no lock and no channels
> found. >:o

I am using a HVR3000 with Ubuntu Karmic (9.10).
However, there is some annoying bug
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/439163) that means I have to rebuild
the v4l-dvb drivers every time the kernel is updated.
Instructions in that bug report (for Ubuntu at least).
If I don't do that, I can't get a lock. Works fine with the fix.

hth,

Walter