[mythtvnz] Moment of insanity

toby at np.co.nz toby at np.co.nz
Wed May 12 04:47:07 BST 2010

>> If I schedule a program from mythweb, it returns "Unknown Program", the
mpg
>> file created is about a 5kb black screen and then recording stops. There
is
>> nothing useful in mythbackend.log or dmesg.

>When does it say "unknown program" - when you set up the schedule? That
>would indicate some issue with your guide data or channel setup I think.

After I click on 'Update Recording Settings" it takes about 15 seconds and
then comes back with an alert box saying Unknown Program, the recording
actually starts but stops about 3 seconds later. All the details are
correct in the saved recording except the file is only 5Kb and of course it
cannot generate a thumbnail. This would indicate to me the guide data is
all fine. No problem with my freeview channels either.

>> I now suspect this may be a codec issue so if anyone has any ideas on
what
>> to try they would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of ideas.
>>
>I can't see how it would be a codec issue if it's not recording correctly -
>recording doesn't require any codec (as it's encoded by the hardware).
>Actually I can't see how it could ever be a codec issue with mpeg2
>recordings, it's all built in.

Just running out of ideas so any alternative suggestions would be hugely
appreciated.