[mythtvnz] Moment of insanity

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed May 12 04:35:57 BST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM, toby at np.co.nz <toby at np.co.nz> wrote:

> If I schedule a program from mythweb, it returns "Unknown Program", the mpg
> file created is about a 5kb black screen and then recording stops. There is
> nothing useful in mythbackend.log or dmesg.

When does it say "unknown program" - when you set up the schedule? That
would indicate some issue with your guide data or channel setup I think.

> I now suspect this may be a codec issue so if anyone has any ideas on what
> to try they would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of ideas.

I can't see how it would be a codec issue if it's not recording correctly -
recording doesn't require any codec (as it's encoded by the hardware).
Actually I can't see how it could ever be a codec issue with mpeg2
recordings, it's all built in.

Cheers,