[mythtvnz] Optus D1 and Australian TV

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Sat May 8 23:09:35 BST 2010

On 9/05/2010, at 8:53 AM, James Gray wrote:

>>> Do you have a Sky box as well?
>>
>> No, just a single LNB, fed to two DVB-S cards via a splitter. This is
>> typical of what I'm seeing in the OSD when switching to an SBS
>> channel:
>> Signal 84% | S/N 4.5db | BE 2800 | (1__) | No Lock
>> Sometimes I get a partial lock also.
>
> Have you tried taking the splitter and second card out of the
> equation?

Interesting. I disconnected the second card at the splitter junction
and tried again. Got a strong lock this time but plenty of drop-outs
and glitching. This didn't last though and the system errorred out
trying to connect to this and other pre-existing previously working NZ
channels (thought this might be a side-effect of not fully disabling
the disconnected card. Is it worth setting the option in Myth-Setup
that only grabs a DVB-S card when it needs it? There's obviously some
conflict there.