[mythtvnz] Optus D1 and Australian TV

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Sat May 8 07:48:53 BST 2010

On 8/05/2010, at 3:55 PM, Matt Poff wrote:

> On 8/05/2010, at 10:32 AM, Steven Ellis wrote:
>>
>> Sorry slip of the fingers.. 12646
>
> So, for a 10.75 LNB, is this a suitable test for a lock on SBS?
>
> $ dvbtune -f 1896000 -s 12600 -p v -m
>

> If so, looks like I'm dead in the water.

Had some success with this but now hit another wall I'm out of ideas
on. I tweaked the dish sufficiently to get a lock on the SBS channels
and was able to scan and add the channels to the two Input Connections
I've got defined in Myth (two TechnoSat DVB-S cards). However, when I
browse to any of these channels under live TV Myth can't get a lock
(despite the signal strength and S/N readings being higher than what I
get for Freeview channels.  I thought it might be the wrong polarity
bug but the values in the dtv_multiplex table in mythconverg look OK
(to me at least).

A test with dvbstream on the command line shows I can get a lock on
streams from this frequency.

+---------+----------+-------------+-----------+-----------+-----------
+------------+----------+
| mplexid | sourceid | transportid | networkid | frequency | inversion
| symbolrate | polarity |
+---------+----------+-------------+-----------+-----------+-----------
+------------+----------+
|      18 |        1 |         896 |     12802 |  12646000 | a
|   12600000 | v        |
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

No recordings were taking place during the tests so there was no
reason for Myth to lock the polarity to Horizontal but I suspect that
this is what's happening. I would've thought I could just scan for
these additional channels, add them to my existing Inputs and restart
Myth back-end  and all would be well. Am I missing a step here?

Cheers,
Matt