[mythtvnz] My New Setup

David Kirk davidrkirk at gmail.com
Sat May 8 00:34:55 BST 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> My biggest issue is still with connecting to the TV.  It is a
>> Panasonic CRT and it doesn't have any digital inputs.
>
> Posting the URL to the pdf of the TV manual often proves worthwhile to quickly get to the dogma.

The TV is a Panasonic TX-76PW60A.
https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/TX76pw60%20book.pdf

>> My motherboard
>> doesn't have any analogue outputs, so I'm still running on my 17" LCD
>> monitor.
> Does it have VGA?   Again posting the URL to the manual is a great way to be user friendly to the interested listers.

The TV has composite, component, S-Video and SCART connectors.  Some
of them are SCART to comosite and S-Video connectors.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M85M-US2H.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-m85m-us2h_v1.3-e.pdf

It has 3 outputs.  VGA, DVI and HDMI.  I have tried VGA to composite,
VGA to component and VGA to S-Video adapters and I can't get a picture
from any of them.

If there was a way to get it working with the existing TV it would
definately save me a lot of hassle.

Thanks

David Kirk